Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Phantom hair

Have you ever had a phantom hair experience? You know, like the morning after you cut your hair and you lift up your head too fast getting out of bed? Or when you're running your fingers thru it and it terminates too soon? Well I am having an experience like that. Except it isn't my head hair. It's my leg hair.

Being in Thailand is awesome for a number of reasons. But my favorite for today is how they view body hair. Unlike Europe you will not find Thai people with massive amounts of underarm hair but you will find some with lots of leg hair. Because I felt like embracing the culture in this reguard, and because I am lazy, I have gone the past...3 weeks ?... not shaving. It has been awesome! However when Michael started singing "The day you shave your legs I'll love you more" I decided an appointment with my razor was in order.

So this morning I did it. I shaved it all off. And now when the wind breezes past me I feel like there is still hair on my legs to catch it. It's a strange and lonely feeling when I reach and find that it's just me and my skin once more.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's just not right...on so many levels. I'm not sure what's worse Summer's harry legs or Michael's comment.

Momma Nancy said...

I'm so glad you live in a warm climate so your bare legs don't freeze! If I were to do that I'm not sure I would survive this spring. We are supposed to have rain/snow mix today. Heading to Matt's grad tomorrow. Wish you were here, bare legs and all. Love you, Mom

Becky said...

This made me laugh more than anything else for a while. Thanks for sharing. And I'm proud of you for embracing local culture. Keep it up. :o)

Montana said...

lol.... you are gross, and i love you!!!

Montana said...

lol... you are gross, and i love you!

Jaime said...

I once didn't shave my legs for 2 MONTHS....it got all soft and nice and made me feel like I had a new friend I could reach down and pet anytime. Tell Michael he's being ethnocentric with his views on body hair. -grin- I like your hairy legs.

Momma Sandi said...

You're not hairy....you're fluffy! ~grins~ I love you just the way you are...whatever way that might be! (But then, I'm your mommy) Hey, once you get past the prickly stage, it's all good! I personally like the smooth look, but, whatever works for you! Hope you don't catch cold with those bare legs! Love and hugs, Mommy oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo