Wednesday, December 17, 2008

101 Posts Later...

... and we're coming home. This is it. The last post before we come home. I really don't have a lot to say. Today, I've been fighting back the emotions involved with leaving a place that has become home to me. There are people, places, and things that I will probably never see again. I'm glad that I will be able to see some people again, if not on this earth, in heaven. I also believe that that time is coming very, very soon. It's kind of interesting how we are going to be going through our second major life change in the course of one year. As we celebrated our 1 year anniversary the day before yesterday, it was fun to look back and see where we've been in the last year. We've definitely grown... physically, mentally, emotionally, culturally, and best of all-- spiritually. As we look forward to unknown things and uncertain times, I know we will continue to grow. I hope and pray that we will not lose focus of our whole purpose and mission on this earth-- "to obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus" (Revelation 14:12) and to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19). Thank you all for following our adventures, for writing us encouraging notes, and for keeping us in your prayers. They have not gone unappreciated. See you soon.

~M&S

1 comment:

Momma Nancy said...

We will be praying for you as you leave behind a part of your life. Also for your safe travels. We are sooooooooo excited to see you in just a few days! Please pray for our travels too, as roads are bad and more storms are predicted to roll through. Love you lots!
--Mom