Sunday, August 10, 2008

Michael's Accident (Part 1)





She's here!!! I can' believe it! I'm so happy! Here are the two of us at the train station after we've wiped the tears away and begun to talk. We won't stop for the next 10 hours.







An here they are! The long awaited pictures of Michael's accident! They are a bit gory so consider yourself warned.

As it may have been mentioned in his telling, the nurses here are a bit, how shall I say it? brisk, in their attentions. Here I am blinding him to what is happening to his hand. (See the next picture for details.)








Ewe! You want gross, try clicking on it and getting a close up. Needless to say by the time he was all fixed up we were both a little woozy. I hate sympathy pain.










Believe it or not this was just a shot but it has left his arm sore for over a month. It reminded me of what we were told on SM retreat about people using dirty needles to give injections but I decided it wasn't the time to say anything about it. (To alleviate any fears, He did see her take it out of a sterile package. I just didn't know about it at the time.)

1 comment:

Momma Nancy said...

Ya pain has never been your favorite thing! But you lived throught it -- very brave!